onsdag 16 januari 2008

Why we love Chinese people

We love Chinese people! The world needs more polite Asians. Tomorrow we'll leave the nice couch-hosting university students we're staying with now and move into Mr. Fung's place. Mr. Fung is one of those easy to deal with, highly polite, hard working Guangzhounese men you meet everywhere in the world.

"this is kitchen", "this is bathroom", "this is bed", "Do you want to stay here?", "you should pay a deposit", "you can come here the day before moving in and pick up the key".

There you go, over and done with in 5 minutes, none of that small talk gibberish that's so often practiced on this continent.

To illustrate what we've been trying to describe we present the incredibly distinct and straight forward e-mail correspondence between Victor and Fung.

Please note that Mr Fung is a fictive name. (Som vanligt ar det inte killen i brevet som har skrivit brevet).

"Hello Victor:I was very glad to meet you two guys this afternoon. I talked with Maryam for the deposit just now. She was very happy to hear my news coz she can not sublet her apartment by 16 January for sure. So now you and your friend will be warmly welcome to come and live here. I will be in my apartment till 10 o'clock tomorrow morning or after 5PM tomorrow afternoon. You can come at 10 or after 5PM and give me deposit and receive my receipt at the same time. Please email me and tell me when is convenient for you to come, so that I am open the door for you. By the way, if you don't mind, you can give me the rent tomorrow. So that after tomorrow the only thing for you to do is to come on 15 Jan and get the key. Thank you! Any information, please send me this email.Enjoy your stay in montreal !Yours: Fung"

"Hello Victor:Here I inform you to come to my apartment at around 5 PM tomorrow afternoon to get the key. Also please bring the rent to me and I will write you a receipt. Wednesday you two can come and live here.Please reply me that whether the time(5PM) is good for you or not? Thank you!Best wishes Yours: Fung"

We couldn't resist also posting this warm welcome Victor got when he was looking for accommodation in Dublin last winter. I mean, who can turn down an offer like this?

"hi .welcome to dublin .i will have a aptment with two bedroom youcould share with witch is very city center .and im very good company and very easy to stay with .i dont smoke and no drink .i love cultures.so iprefer to share apt. with fine people that who has no bad hobbies. .im fashion supplier so usually im not at home so offen .if you like chinese cook as well and healthy life .you can contact me at xxxxxx xxxxxx"
Also, we managed to find a job with requirements that even Erik can possibly fulfill

WORK AT HOME,NO STARTUP COSTS,$30+/HOUR!
Requirements:
* Must be able to accurately enter and record data.
* Must have daily Internet access.
* Must be able to operate a computer.
* Must be able to follow simple written instructions.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

amazimg.

Mr. Fung sounds like a nice modern Chinese gentleman....

-
shannon